Affiliate marketing platforms is one of the best ways to make money online in Nigeria even as a beginner.
Affiliate marketing presents everyone with the same opportunity to start and succeed at a low cost. You do the work once, and they continue to pay even while you are away.
This is one beauty of this type of online business that pays daily.
And all you need to do as an affiliate is to promote and sell vendors’ products. So, the vendor pays you your commission for each of the sales you made and some for a lifetime.
In this article, you will learn:
- The meaning of affiliate marketing and how it works
- 11+ best affiliate programs that pay almost daily in Nigeria.
- How to start affiliate marketing in Nigeria even as a beginner.
- How to choose the best affiliate marketing platforms.
- 3 top mistakes you must avoid with affiliate marketing, and many more.
Like I say, anyone can succeed with this business idea. All you need is an internet-connected laptop.
Here is your perfect list of affiliate marketing platforms that can pay you daily in Nigeria.
Affiliate Marketing Meaning
Affiliate marketing is promoting a company’s products or services in exchange for a commission.
What top affiliate marketers do is find credible companies with high-paying products.
And then, they share these products with their audiences.
So, affiliate marketing in Nigeria is only a quick way to make money without having your own products.
It is a legit online business that pays daily in Nigeria.
Once you have a website, you can start making money even as a beginner.
Top-Paying Affiliate Marketing Platforms For Beginners In Nigeria That Pays.
Jumia partner is the most popular affiliate marketing site in Nigeria because of its stability and consistency in paying partners.
I registered with Jumia Force (JForce) as an affiliate while still an undergraduate.
All I wanted then was to earn beyond my pocket money and find my way out of lack.
So, I recommend this program to you if you are serious about starting an online business in Nigeria.
You make money as Jumia affiliate when you send visitors to their website who converts (buy on Jumia).
To succeed in this business, you need an active website and the dedication to grow your business.
What You Should Know About Jumia’s Affiliate Program.
- You can earn as high as 10% commission on every item sold within 30 days.
- So, if your referral buys wears of N200,000. You should expect nothing less than N15,000 from that sales because of the 7 -10 % commission on fashions and accessories.
- Jumia pays at the minimum of N2500 and does so via bank transfer in the first week of the following month. This means they pay your January earnings in the first week of February.
- They allow to promote their products with other companies own on the same website.
- Last, Jumia does not charge affiliates for both registration and banners – FREE.
2. Amazon Affiliate Marketing
Do you want an online business that pays in dollars? Start the Amazon affiliate program today,
Amazon is a conglomerate that focuses on eCommerce, cloud computing and AI.
It remains one of the big five tech companies in the US: Facebook, Google, Apple, Microsoft.
As for the Amazon Associate program, I considered it the largest in the world.
Because this program helps you monetize your traffic well enough.
With millions of products on the website, be sure your visitors will always see something to buy.
How To Start Amazon Affiliate Marketing In Nigeria
Sign up to join thousands of creators, publishers and bloggers.
Recommend millions of products to your audience.
Earn up to 10% in associate commissions from qualifying purchases and programs.
PiggyVest (formerly PiggyBank) is an online platform that helps you save and invest with ease.
You can choose to save towards a particular goal daily, weekly and monthly. Or lock away your money for a period.
They launched the PiggyVest affiliate marketing program in Nigeria to bring in more users to the platform.
And also to help you and me to make more money online using our smartphones.
The good thing about this program is that they pay both you and the person you refer.
More About PiggyVest Affiliate Program
- When a user registers through your link and completes their registration process, PiggyVest pays both of you N1000.
- But note that you only get paid when your referral becomes valid. I.e They link their BVN and fund their Flex Naira wallet with at least #100.
- Fund any other two wallets on the platform with at least #1000 each.
- Then, they will pay your commission into your SafeLock account, and it becomes mature for you to withdraw after 10 days.
- PiggyVest allows you to opt-out of the referral program by using the Delete Promo Safelock button.
4. Travelstart Affiliate Marketing
Travelstart is an online travel company founded on two primary principles; simplicity and best price.
They founded the company in 1999 and today operates in several countries.
You can make as high as N400,000 a month with the Travelstart affiliate program in Nigeria.
So whether you are a lifestyle blogger or travel agent, this is one of the best business ideas in Nigeria right now for you.
How Does Travelstart Affiliate Marketing Works In Nigeria?
- Sign up for FREE, and the team gets back to you in 48 hours.
- Earn 70% of the airline commission or profit with every paid booking using your affiliate tool.
- Also, you earn a flat fee for all flights that do not originate in Nigeria.
- They pay you your commission 2-3 weeks after the month has ended.
- You can either choose to present the program to your readers in iFrame or text-link solution.
Cowrywise believes in rewarding all of its customers.
So, they set up the referral program for affiliates to make money by signing up people on the website.
But what is Cowrywise, and what do they do?
Similar to PiggyVest, Cowrywise is a platform to save and invest without stress.
They allow you to do this via their easy-to-use automated platform (I love their website user interface).
What To Know About CowryWise Affiliate Program
- You earn from CowryWise when someone registers through your link and they make a deposit into their account.
- You make N250 per valid referral for a start, and the person also makes the exact amounts no matter your own level.
- As campus ambassadors, you earn N350 per referral. And as corporate ambassadors, you earn N500 per referral.
Note: Cowrywise affiliate marketing kicks against referring accounts in Nigeria using temporary emails. Or referring new users with similar account details as yours.
6. Qserver Affiliate Program
There is no better time to monetise the traffic on your site and start recommending Qservers.
They rated Qservers as one of Nigeria’s best hosting companies.
They sell not only hosting but also domain names, website design, digital marketing services and more.
As a Qservers’ affiliate, you have all the digital marketing tools you need to convert your existing audience into profit.
Because they supply you with a range of special banners and textual links with unique affiliate identification numbers that you place within your site.
When someone clicks on your links, their software tracks the user activity.
You can log in to your dashboard in the next 24 hours to see how your banners and links perform.
More On Qservers Affiliate Marketing in Nigeria
- You don’t pay to become an affiliate–it’s Free.
- Qservers pay you N500 for signing up–kind of them.
- You earn up to 20% onetime commission per referral!
- They pay you via bank transfer once you have up to a 3000 balance.
7. Bet9ja Affiliate Marketing
Bet9ja positions itself as the number one betting site in Nigeria for great odds.
It covers significant sports games and other vital entertaining events.
To make selling easy for you, Bet9ja has an in-house design team ready to assist you.
They make available custom banners and landing pages to engage your audience.
If you want collaboration, they are open to working with some of the biggest partners in town.
How To Join Bet9ja Affiliate Marketing Program In Nigeria
- Sign up on the bet9ja affiliate marketing website for Nigerians.
- Document all details they need and wait for their approval.
- Bet9ja pays a 20% commission of monthly net profit.
Note: You cannot promote bet9ja on sites that contain sexual or violent content.
8. Wakanow Affiliate Marketing In Nigeria
If you seek to work with the first online travel agent in Nigeria, then it’s Wakanow.
They gained more momentum during the 2010 South Africa world cup.
Their goal is to bridge the gap and inefficiencies facing the travel industry.
In Wakanow, they refer to affiliates as sales associates of the organisation.
How To Benefits From Wakanow Affiliate Marketing Website In Nigeria
- Sign up as an affiliate and check your email for a confirmation message
- Earn through your referral link when your user pays the registration fee.
- Increase the price of products in Wakanow to make more profits.
- Gain access to discounts on Airfares, Hotels, Airport pickup services and Visa processing.
9. WhogoHost Affiliate Program
Whogohost pride itself as Africa’s largest and most popular web hosting provider.
They have been serving individuals, small businesses, and enterprises for over 12 years.
You can promote Whogohost’s services on your website using your referral link.
You earn money when a client you recommend pays for any of their products.
Guess what? Like Qservers, WhoGoHost credits your account with N500 for joining.
More About Whogohost’s Affiliate Program
- You receive as much as a 15% commission per referral.
- Whogohost provides banners you can display on your website using HTML Code.
- You can request a withdrawal once you have up to 3000 in your balance.
- And the provided dashboard shows you the number of visits and signups you have.
10. 1XBet Affiliate Marketing
1XBET, an online betting website launched in 2011, is currently one of the best bookmakers.
Being a partner is an opportunity for you to earn extra income.
All you need to do is promote their product on your website, social media, and traffic sources.
Then, when your referral registers and deposit, you receive a commission.
With 1XBet, you can earn as much as N300,000 a month – a legit online business.
How 1XBet Affiliate Marketing Website Work In Nigeria
- Create your affiliate account
- Introduce new users to 1xbet
- Receive commission up to 40% for referred customers
- Withdraw your money every week via bank transfer.
11. Grammarly Affiliate Program In Nigeria
Grammarly helps you write mistake-free on third-party apps and even in text messages!
It uses AI to identify and search for an appropriate replacement for the mistake it locates.
Without a doubt, the Grammarly affiliate program tops in the education category.
They offer cash bonuses, increased payouts and exclusive discounts.
How Grammarly Affiliate Marketing Site Works In Nigeria
- Sign up on the platform in under 60 seconds or less.
- Place a banner on your website and receive the activation bonus.
- Be sure of high conversion rates (20 – 30%)
- The cookie remains on your referee’s browser for up to 90 days.
- You receive an activation bonus when you sign up.
- Get the best of world-class support.
12. Konga Affiliate Program
Konga Affiliate Program is also one of the best affiliate programs in the Nigeria eCommerce industry.
Because your referrals can shop all they want while you make money from home.
Konga boasts of over 10,000 partners across the 36 states in Nigeria, including FCT.
That’s evident proof it’s working.
To motivate her partners to do more, Konga varies growth levels according to Associate, Silver, Gold and Platinum performance.
Konga pays from 1% – 3% commission of what your referral bought.
To become a Konga partner, use the button below.
How To Start Affiliate Marketing In Nigeria For Beginners
1. Get Domain Name And Hosting Package.
You can’t set up an affiliate marketing website and expect to succeed in Nigeria using third-party domains like “.wordpress.com” or “.blogspot.com”.
Hence the need to buy your own domain name.
While there are thousands of domain names and hosting providers, I recommend you buy from NameCheap.
Below are my reasons:
- I have been using them ever since I started on the web, and they never failed.
- You get up to 99% discount on domain name and 50% on hosting at your first buy.
- They have been serving in the industry since 2000, and so are reliable.
When you are choosing your domain name, three things are most important.
- The domain name must be a “.com” extension.
- It must have no illegal records on search engines.
- And it should be short and easy to remember.
Since we are dealing with affiliate marketing, you may choose to include any of the following keywords in your domain name.
- And more.
List at least seven domain names you can use and check their availability on NameCheap.
Once it is available, you can pay for hosting while you get the domain name almost free.
2. Set Up Your WordPress Website
WordPress is a content management software that allows you to build your website and publish articles. This website runs on WordPress.
WordPress is easy to use, and you don’t need to learn HTML coding. It comes with a drag-and-drop function, so you can design your pages in ways you want.
Another enormous advantage WordPress has over other website software is the SEO compatibility.
Aside from using plugins, it comes with a default SEO fix which earns you ranking on search engines like Google, Bing and more.
But for sake of you focusing on how to maximize the affiliate marketing platforms, outsource the website design and SEO to an expert.
I advised you to hire a web design and SEO expert to build you a professional affiliate website.
This way you pay more focus on maximizing your chosen affiliate marketing platforms.
3. Start Reviewing Your Product
It’s no longer news that customers do research and check out reviews of a product or service before buying.
A review writing is your experience and testimony about a particular product. It stands as social proof for the product.
There are two approaches to writing reviews:
- You buy the product, use it and review it.
- You contact the seller and ask for free access to his products, so you can review.
In most cases, I use the first method.
Because all I need to do is to sign up with any of the affiliate marketing platforms and buy through my link. This way, I get the product and still earn a commission on it.
The second method requires that you show the vendor some proof of credibility, like website traffic and past sales records.
But as a beginner, you can edit the template below and send it to vendors requesting access to their products.
Dear [Seller Name],
My name is Oluboba Ayodeji, the owner of (www.oluboba.com). And I am requesting approval to promote your product (include product’s name).
I started with affiliate marketing not too long. So, I will appreciate access to your product, as my intention is to write an honest review about it.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
I recommend you only use this method for high-ticket software that may be too expensive for you to buy.
Also, be personal with your writing, that you write as though you are explaining the product to a friend.
And last, include ratings on your review, it helps the buyer to make a quick judgement about the product standard.
4. Start Collecting And Sending Out Emails
You must have read, “Never send your visitors directly to vendors’ page, get their emails first.” Yes, that’s true.
But how do you get their emails?
Display a pop-up offering visitors a gift for their emails. Then, you can recommend products in your newsletter.
When sending out emails, your subject line is the most important, followed by the preview text.
And here is how to do it: Include only one of these factors per headline:
- Figures (helps readers to quantify)
E.g. 9 Must-Have Tools To Start Your Day Well.
- Scarcity (brings about high demands),
E.g. Had To Reserve The Last Machine For You
- Time (fear of missing out).
E.g. Get 70% OFF Phone Deals (Offer Ends In 3 Hours).
And when you write, keep it below 50 characters–the shorter the better.
Other tips include:
- Keep your email body (content) 200 words or fewer.
- Capitalize the first letter of every word in your headline.
- Include a call to action at least after every 75 words.
- I recommend you send follow-up emails three times after the first email, with 3 days apart.
- Use a link tracker like Bitly to have a detailed analysis of how people are clicking your link.
How To Choose Top-Paying Programs You Can Join
While most beginners choose to promote all programs in the Nigerian market, it is not a wise idea.
Instead, you can choose to sell the best among them.
All products are not equal, so don’t waste your time trying to promote everything you see on an affiliate program list.
What makes affiliate programs the best to join?
1. High Commission Or High Ticket:
I would tell affiliates, “anything below 50% commission for services and 30% for products is not wise”.
Except, in rare cases where the product is a high ticket.
Imagine you sell an investment product of N100 million and you receive a 10% commission.
That is N10 million–it’s fair enough.
So, even though the commission is low but because the product price is high, you still earn much.
But when you are dealing with low tickets products (of smaller prices), it becomes a game of numbers.
2. Digital Products Or Services:
I know you can make money selling physical products as affiliates. But you wouldn’t do as much as when you sell digital products or better still services.
The reason is that vendors with physical products pay less in commission because of the cost of production.
Also, you may have a delay in payment because of delivery issues or customers’ returns of goods.
Not as if customers don’t ask for a refund with digital products, but it’s rare.
And below are examples of digital products you can sell:
- Ebooks, and
Make your life easy by promoting digital products or premium services.
3. Promotional Tools
Access to the best digital marketing tools makes the work easier.
An example of such is the link shortening tool – to shorten long affiliate links into 10 characters or fewer.
Another is the email auto-responder. They help you drip and automate email sending based on your chosen tags and filters.
4. Recurring Payment
Only a few affiliate marketing platforms offer recurring deals. So, if you find one, rejoice.
Recurring works such that as long as your referral remains a customer, the vendor keeps paying your commission.
These are common with membership websites and sometimes software, where users renew annually or monthly.
5. Fast Payment
While some affiliate marketing platforms pay 30, 45 or 60 days after sales, others pay on a fixed day of the month.
The reason is that within 30 days, a customer can ask for a refund.
So, some vendors came up with a system called the tentative payment.
This is a system where vendors pay you as an affiliate, 80% of your commission and pay the 20% after the customers’ refund period.
As of the time of writing, this system of affiliate marketing is not yet in Nigeria.
So, your best bet is to choose among affiliate marketing platforms in Nigeria that pay within a short period.
The Advantages Of Affiliate Marketing
This section explains how starting an affiliate marketing in Nigeria pays the three partners involved in the business.
Affiliate marketing is your best shot because the risk of investment is low.
You pay affiliates only when they sell your products. So, no salary, and no allowances.
Also, consider the fact that with affiliate marketing, you pay little or nothing to promote your products here in Nigeria.
And your affiliate takes up the marketing cost in a return for a commission.
As an affiliate, you look forward to joining the best marketing programs in Nigeria.
If you start with the right strategy, you will earn high than the usual. It doesn’t matter if you a beginner or not.
And since some affiliate marketing companies have grade levels, they may promote you to a level where you sell your own products.
Where do customers get the best and most detailed description of a product? Of course, it’s from affiliates.
A customer comes to your blog, reads your article, and makes his buying decision based on your experience using a product..
You have saved him the time and headache of trying to choose the best among many other products.
3 Mistakes To Avoid As An Affiliate Marketer
1. Lacking Knowledge Of Your Buyers
Before you start and become successful with affiliate marketing in Nigeria, you need to understand your audience.
- Who are the people buying from you?
- What are their frustrations?
- Why should they buy from you?
- What do they stand to gain when they buy from you? (free installation, etc.)
As an affiliate, having a targeted audience helps with a definite message.
So, you speak to their heart.
A wrong choice of words can make you lose your subscribers and send your affiliate business into exile.
2. Buying Traffic
Like products, all traffic is not equal. Quality will always triumph over quantity.
I once had a news blog with 12,000 monthly visitors. Yet, could not make one-tenth of what this blog is making even with lower traffic.
Don’t make the mistake of buying traffic from third-party sources, you will regret it.
I am particular about beginners who are just getting started with affiliate marketing.
More email subscribers are not the same as better email subscribers.
So, learn how to grow your email list organically.
3. Spamming Subscribers
This is common with beginners who think sending out daily emails will make subscribers buy more.
No, it’s doesn’t work that way.
No one likes you to clutter their inbox with sales emails. In fact, people frown at it, and they will unsubscribe without a second thought.
So, give space to your newsletter and reduce the frequency of your sales promotions.
In most cases, I encourage that you only send promotional emails only after seven educational emails.
Another way to reduce users from exiting your list is to use double opt-in systems.
If a user inputs his email twice in your form, it shows he is ready to do business with you.
FAQs On Affiliate Marketing In Nigeria
The highest-paid affiliate programs in Nigeria are TravelStart, 1XBet, Jumia, and Qservers.
Jumia, Grammarly, Bet9ja, Amazon, and Whogohost are some of the best affiliate companies in Nigeria.
An authority website designed by digital marketing experts which meets Google standards. Also, the site must have great content in it.
Conclusion On Affiliate Marketing In Nigeria
Start with any of the affiliate marketing platforms listed above. They all offer you an opportunity to make money online in Nigeria.
Now that you know how this online business works, it becomes easy for you to move from a beginner to an expert level in months.
Remember, if this online business pays you daily depends on you and your relationship with your audience.