Do you desire to run an online business that pays daily here in Nigeria?
There are successful businesses you can do to make money online in Nigeria.
First, I would like to say, this article wouldn’t do you any good if you hope to earn money by filling surveys or copying and pasting links online.
All online businesses listed here requires your investment in resources before you can start getting your returns almost daily.
In this article, you will learn:
- What is an online business and how it works?
- Legitimate online businesses you can start.
- Mistakes you must avoid if you must become successful.
I assure you, this is the first and last article you will ever need to start and run a profitable online business that pays in Nigeria.
Best Legitimate Online Business That Pays Daily In Nigeria
1. Start A Blogging Business
An Online Business In Nigeria That Pays Directly To Bank Account
Blogging is an online business that pays daily or weekly in Nigeria. It is one of the legit ways to make money online in dollars.
A successful blog has three investments in common:
- Quality contents
- SEO Strategies
Aside from publishing content on your blog, you need to get it out to your readers almost for free.
This is where SEO comes into play. And I am sure I don’t need to say much about the website, it should be your first concern.
Also, if you have a full-time job, don’t blog about general news, you won’t survive the posting frequency.
Instead, go for niches that do well with weekly posts with not many hourly demands.
Last, you don’t need to blog on topics you love, but you need to love the topics you blog on.
How Does The Blogging Online Business Pays?
- Your first blog monetization should not be AdSense – you have little traffic. Instead, sell a service or products that earns you money immediately.
- Pay more attention to producing quality contents especially in the early days of your blogging. Else, you won’t earn a dime even with your affiliate links
- Start now, learn fast, and set your expectations right – knowing good things takes time. And be careful not to treat your blog as a hobby, but a business.
One of the best online business that pays well in Nigeria.
Most top bloggers that make money online in Nigeria do so with affiliate marketing programs.
What is affiliate marketing, and how does it work?
Affiliate marketing is an online business idea where you make money selling third-party products.
The company you are affiliating with will give you a unique link.
The company then pays you an agreed commission when someone buys via your link.
As a university student, I was affiliating with several companies in Delta state and across Nigeria.
Then, I do help students and lecturers make orders online or sign-up for programs, and the company paid me.
How to Make Money With This Legit Online Business in Nigeria:
- Only promote products or services you used yourself.
- If you have a choice, choose percentage over the flat commission.
- Don’t become aggressive in pushing affiliate links on your audience.
- Avoid using affiliate links on social media, take them to your website.
- To sell better with affiliate link, do a detailed review of the product.
Jumia, and QServers have affiliate programs that allow you to earn daily income.
3. Sell Physical Products Online
A legit online business in Nigeria good for full-time employees.
Sometimes, to make money online in Nigeria, you don’t need to have your own website.
You can always list your products on eCommerce websites and make your cool cash – N5,000 gain on each product.
Imagine you sell an average of three items per day.
A day: N5,000 x 3 = N15,000.
For a month: 15000 x 30 = N450,000.
That’s a good sum of money, at least for a beginner.
In most cases, I recommend selling fashionable wear.
This is because they need little marketing and are easy to sell.
How to Make Money with this Online Business That Pays in Nigeria:
- Stick with one product type and make it successful before you move to another.
- Don’t create a website yet since you are starting – use social media.
- Sell products with a high-profit margin like leather footwear and more
- Collect payment, and shipping addresses using PayStack or Flutterwave form.
- Choose the carousel mode in your social media marketing campaign.
- Connect your Facebook page to your WhatsApp business.
- Run promotion and take orders on weekdays. Do delivery on weekends and holidays.
- Get customers’ shipping details and receive payment.
- Deliver the products and get your cash.
4. Remote Content Writing
One of the profitable online business ideas that pays well for freelance writers.
Are you a talented writer? I mean, do you write engaging content?
You can make money online in Nigeria by writing articles and blog posts.
Many website owners understand the benefit of having an up-to-date blog, but they don’t have the time.
So, they will need you to write their blog content and sometimes ask you to promote it.
Content writing pays between a range of N5 to N100, or even more than per word.
The amount you make in the writing business depends on your experience.
If you speak and write a second language, then you attract more income.
Also, this serves as an edge in getting a translating job – where you write original content in another language.
If you’re an expert in any of these writing niches, you can make some fast money online.
Last Saturday, I received a call from a friend asking to get her writing gigs.
When I ask her price, she said, “10K for a 500-word article.”
She could make 50K per week as a side income, even as a beginner.
Students need project writing, and lecturers need a dissertation.
Entrepreneurs need a business plan and job applicant needs CV/Resume writing.
Don’t allow your mind to limit you; there is money in content writing.
How To Make Money With This Online Business That Pays:
- Join and engage in a writing community group on Facebook.
- Specializing in a particular writing niche helps you to charge more.
- Contact website owners to know if they seek writers.
- Be active in an industry forum to network with other experts.
- At the beginning, don’t write over 500-word a day, so you don’t burn out.
- It is best you write in the morning when all seems quiet, and you are still refreshed.
- Please ensure you submit early – very important in the writing business.
5. Start Coaching Business
One of Nigeria’s top online business opportunities that pays professionals.
If you can transform people’s lives with your words, then go this way.
Online coaching sells more in the personal development industry.
Many people are struggling, and they need someone to help them focus and balance their life.
The good thing is you can start an online coaching business without a degree.
What is most important is that you speak to the heart of your clients.
People will always need help to:
- Improve their nutrition
- Become more fit
- Live a worthy life
- Get things done while doing less
- Advance their career.
If you sit to check within yourself, you will have an attribute no one else has.
There is something you do with ease but other struggles with.
Also, your experience can be of help to starting an online coaching business in Nigeria
Are you a recipient of any international scholarship – undergraduates or advanced?
If yes, start a coaching business for those looking to study abroad.
Do you have success with interviews and worked in different places?
If yes, offer to be a career coach helping people succeed with getting their dream job.
Are you experienced with business processes?
Help entrepreneurs win with services like business name registration, business plan writing, etc.
There is something you know that someone else needs.
Offer in form of audio, video and e-books and sell to them.
How to Make Money with this Online Business in Nigeria:
- Start with one niche. I mean, focus on a particular problem you want to solve well.
- Write blog contents relating to your field of expertise.
- Teach with videos and upload to YouTube.
- Be active with giving sound advice on social media.
- Have a set price, so potential clients don’t keep asking.
- Be passionate about the success of your clients, and they will reward you.
6. Social Media Influencing
One of the best online business that pays, you can start with no money.
Social media is becoming a must for everyone with smartphones.
And brands want to reach out to their targeted customers via this medium.
If you have a large following, then consider this your perfect choice.
As a social media influencer, you make money in different ways:
- Adverts from top brands
- Paid (sponsored) Post
- Selling third-party products
- Selling your own products.
- Fans donating to you.
One thing you must know about becoming an influencer is you need not be a celebrity.
All celebrities are influencers, but not all influencers are celebrities.Oluboba Ayodeji
But before companies approach you, there are certain things they check out.
- They want to know you are someone credible with no past criminal records.
- To know if your reliable and trustworthy with previous clients.
- They also check how well does your audience engage with your articles.
- How consistent are you with your posting.
How Does This Online Business Pays
- Start with the social media channel you understand best (very important).
- Until you have 10K actual followers, you need not start another social accounts.
- Post more of videos (at least 7 times in every 10 content).
- Focus more on what your audience wants—they are the reason you are in the business.
- Sign up on intellifluence to make money online promoting business in Nigeria.
- Sometimes, do giveaways – but be careful, so your audience don’t abuse it.
- Don’t make social media influencing your full-time business–too risky.
7. Start Youtubing Business
This is another online business idea to make money daily.
You don’t have to be an expert to edit videos and make it work.
All you need is to assemble pictures or short videos, put them together, and add some basic touching.
YouTube can pay as high as $3 -$5 per 1000 video views if you do your marketing right.
To increase your earnings, engage more with your audience in person and post videos in series.
Making money on YouTube will depend on your ability to attract and keep subscribers.
How do you make money online with YouTube?
- Have at east a basic knowledge of editing. In cases where you can’t hire a professional.
- Invest in a good camera and microphone to produce high capacity sound.
- Offer to sell your services of video editing as an additional source of revenue.
- Partner with other YouTube channels owners to increase your reach.
- Share on social media and run promotional paid ads if necessary.
- Sometimes, giveaway or contest also helps.
By end of the week, you have enough to keep yourself going and still keep your day job.
8. Invest In Cryptocurrency
A virtual way to earn daily without day to day investment.
Another online business you can invest in is cryptocurrency. What then is this cryptocurrency?
A cryptocurrency is a digital currency secured by a technology called cryptography.
The first cryptocurrency was bitcoin launched in 2009. It still remains the most valuable and most popular.
Other cryptocurrencies are also known as “altcoins” are Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin, and more.
A good thing about cryptocurrencies is that they are not regulated by any authority. Making it immune to governmental policies.
But the major problem with cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin is they are volatile.
This makes it difficult for buyers and sellers to have a fair prices of goods.
So I advised you to do your diligent research and only invest money you can afford to lose with no sorrow.
How do you make money daily with cryptocurrency?
- Do day trading if you have the required skills.
- Register with trusted established companies to trade for you.
- Leverage on companies’ cryptocurrency affiliate programs.
- Go with the plan to invest long term no matter the rise and fall.
- Become active in the industry to get any cryptocurrency micro task jobs.
9. Start Trading Forex
Another online business that pays technology creatives.
Forex market is a global marketplace for trading national currencies against each other.
The full meaning of Forex is “Foreign Exchange”.
So, EUR/USD is a pair meaning you are trading the Euro against the US dollar.
This is like bureau de change or Aboki dollar exchange as you may know it.
Because of its wide reach, Forex is the largest and most liquid financial market in the world.
And banks, and investments firms, trade on this market 24 hours five days a week.
Risk Warning: Trading is risky. Your capital is at risk. Never trade more than you afford to lose.
How To Make Money With Forex Daily or Weekly
- The spot market: This is where you exchange and swap currency in real-time.
- The forward market: You agree with another trader and lock in an exchange for later time.
- The futures market: This is where you buy or sell an amount of currency at a certain rate in the future.
- Forex affiliate programs are also good online business in Nigeria that pays well.
In case you are asking, “How do I start my own business online in Nigeria?”
I can assure you are at the right place.
Before now, only a few entrepreneurs could afford to start an online business because of the cost of a website in Nigeria.
Considering domain and hosting, the cost of building a website was on the top side.
Another reason is that people don’t know what online business pays and so they don’t want to waste time and effort on the wrong business.
Today, the game has changed.
When you finish with this article, you will know how to launch an internet business with little or no money.
How To Start An Online Business That Pays In Nigeria
1. Look For Problems
Is there something you come across and you are not happy with it?
Do you notice certain struggles people have with their businesses and everyday life?
Your ability to uncover hidden problems is vital. You can only become successful to the level of problems you are solving.
Many ignored this and went straight to seeking for an online business ideas that pays.
Six months down the line, they wonder why they are not getting the results they desire.
With a faulty foundation, what can the righteous do?
In my first two years of starting and running a business, it was futile.
Because I was not solving any real problem.
When you identify the right problem, you increase your chance of getting paid daily.
2. Validate Your Online Business Ideas
When you find a problem, how do you know it is the best business to start online?
There are two ways to measure:
- Are there enough people searching for a solution to the problem?
- Are there people willing to pay for the solution?
Every internet business must answer the two questions above. Most business ideas only meet with the first, but not the second.
Let me give an example:
There are thousands of people searching for news updates.
If you start a blog on news, they may end up on your website – first criteria passed.
But these audience types are not willing to buy anything from you.
And, won’t hesitate to go elsewhere if you stop publishing.
And so it forces to you rely on third-party ads to make money online – second criteria failed.
Don’t underestimate the power of market research. It helps to know if your business ideas are valid.
I was already on the 37th article on my previous blog before I knew I had been publishing it to the wrong people.
Learn from me and don’t make my mistakes when seeking an online business that pays daily.
3. Create A Scalable Online Business Model
Building a scalable business online is not only about starting and growing the business. It’s about providing values that earn you money in return.
A scalable business model ensures you are generating money on a regular monthly basis with fewer stress.
It ensures your business get easier as you spend more time to building it. So, you don’t have to keep doing the same thing over and over again.
How do you know if your business is scalable? Check for one or two of these signs:
- Does it depend on one or more employees to keep running?
- If you as the founder go on holiday, can your business survive it?
- Does the business require the same amount of works at every stage?
If your business is not scalable, it’s not too late to restructure and make it so.
As a small business owner, you need to make your business knowledge-proof by ensuring your whatever you know is teachable to others.
Your goal is to automate most processes so your products or services becomes repeatable.
4. Launch Your Website
Here comes the next step on how to start an online business in Nigeria.
Many small business owners make the mistake of thinking a website is going to be a cheap means of getting customers without any spending.
For a retail business, your website is like you opening getting a store in a plaza, where you serve customers. But this time around, rather than operate physically, you operate virtually.
You need the help of digital marketing experts to manage orders and update the website on an ongoing basis – for your shop opens 24/7.
And your website must answer the following question right from the homepage:
- Who are you?
- What do you do?
- How customers can reach you?
- How are you going to deliver?
It is time to get a domain name and web hosting. Because I hosted this website on Namecheap, I encourage you to do the same for your website.
How To Go Get The Best From Your Web Designer
- Get A Professional Web Designer
Don’t choose your web designer based on prices. The price difference between the cheap and expensive designer is nothing compared to the difference in the end result.
While looking for a professional web designer, be open to ideas and be ready to compare many.
In most cases, I like to meet with my clients one on one, so they can understand better whom they are doing business with.
Be ready to spend because a good investment in your website pays the best interest.
- Know What You Want
Before you approach your web designer, it is good practice to know what features you want on your website.
And how you select this features is by putting your customers first. Get into their mind and imagine what they will need to help you achieve your goals.
In cases, where your web designer kick against some features, please listen to him or her.
Below are some website tips you can inform your designer about:
- Choose one font and stick to it–system fonts seem best.
- Make your menu simple and clear for easy navigation.
- Avoid the temptation to overuse images and videos.
- Collect email address either through an opt-in offer or sign-ups.
- Shorten the clicks between products and checkout to only three or less.
- Make your website friendly and fitting to all electronic devices.
3. Create An Online Portfolio/Collections
I expect every serious business person to have an online portfolio, especially if you run a service business.
And if you sell products, create an online collection of your best works.
It helps to eliminate all forms of doubt and position you as an expert in your field – making it important to win new customers.
Create an online portfolio of your best work and be ready to share with anyone interested to know.
4. Have An Online Marketing Strategy
No matter how great your contents or products are, if nobody knows about it, you have no business.
A common misconception is that a having a website alone will transform your business into a multi-million empire within the first year.
Your website is not your business, it is an extension of your business. So it is expected that you have a promotion strategy in place to market yourself to the world.
Without people visiting and converting on your website, your online business is nothing.
You need a marketing strategy. Among all elements of marketing mix strategy, promotion remains the most vital when it as to do with online business.
5 Best Online Marketing Strategies For Your Business:
1. Collect Testimonials
Because, your best form of marketing will be your existing customers. You need to collect testimonial using your Google My Business page.
And trust me, customers will be more than happy to leave a positive review and even recommend you.
2. Run Pay Per Click Advertising
This is a type of advertising where you pay an advertiser whenever someone clicks on your advert.
Also, you can decide to go for pay-per-impression where you pay a certain fee for every 1000 views of your ads.
But please don’t rely on PPC (spending money) to make sales all time. Start investing in organic SEO marketing services.
3. Retarget New Visitors
If you have searched for a thing (let’s say shoe) on Google. Then, you came on Jumia and start seeing shoe ads everywhere. That’s retargeting.
It is a form of marketing that targets buyers based on their previous searches or website they have visited before.
Seek the help of a digital marketing expert here in Nigeria, he/she will have more experience than you ever will.
5. Position As An Expert
There is a lot of competition out there. When people need solutions to problems, they turn to you for help.
And so it takes being an expert in your field for people to value your messages.
If you want to be an expert in your chosen market, you must do these things.
How To Be An Expert In Your Field Of Online Business
1. Blog Regularly
While blogging on a consistent basis, may be a tasking job, it pays more than you will ever imagine.
It is one of the best way to share your expertise. And when you do that on a consistent basis, people tend to move closer to you, asking for your help.
Also, it displays your honesty and willingness to serve, thereby helping customers refer your products or services.
2. Offer A Gift
One of the best way of attracting new customers is to offer them gifts.
Never be afraid to give your important resource out for free. It is one of the biggest way to affirm your expertise and win new customers.
The gifts do not have to be something big or expensive. A PDF download of Top 10 WordPress Plugin Every Business Owners Must Use is enough.
3. Get Customers Email And Follow Up
Your email list will most likely be your most valuable online business asset. You can get this list either via a site pop-up or through customers sign up.
A good thing about email marketing is that it is 100 percent measurable, even down to the open rate and clicks. It converts visitors to customers better than any form of marketing.
And when someone gives you their email, it is a legal licence, you can send them emails.
6. Utilize Social Media Platforms
Among hundreds of Google ranking factors, social media is one. Social media has become so important that you can’t ignore it when building an online business.
As more people use the platforms, so does it importance increases.
You can make use of these social media management tools to make work easier. I recommend CrowdFireApp
I recommend you post at least three times a day. Below are ideas you can make a post with:
- New products or countdown to launch.
- Testimonial from clients.
- Industry news and upcoming events.
While there are hundreds of social media platforms, the three major ones are Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.
The 3 Big Social Media Platforms
Facebook remains the most widely used social platform with billions of users. It is the third most visited website in the world with over 1.8 billion users per day.
On Facebook, you can start with a profile and open a page for your business.
While completing your about us description, it is good practice not to include your website address into the box.
Twitter is the second most widely used social media platform, with over 750 million users at the time of writing.
Use your elevator pitch in your bio. And when choosing a username, make it short.
Twitter present you with two images, the banner and the avatar. Ensure, you set up the two to be the same as one in your Facebook and website.
LinkedIn is the best networking platform for professionals. Among them all, it is the most established and trusted for business to business networking.
With the average user spending above twenty minutes, LinkedIn boast of over 400 million monthly users.
And creating an account on the platform is easy. You can set up your own personal profile as well as a separate business profile page.
7. Be Open To Change
One thing most small businesses struggle with is change. 9 out 10 business owners forget to plan for it.
Change is the most likely factor to determine if your business will move forward or remain the same. And it most likely comes through external influence that you are not in control of.
A good example is the Covid19 pandemic of 2020.
Before then, I was doing very great with clients. Business owners finds it easy to pay my fee.
As soon the outbreak begins, businesses cut down their marketing budget which means fewer money to me.
Also, the time spent during the outbreak created lots of freelancers who directly or indirectly were competitors. These freelancers were never a problem but that businesses now based their decision on prices alone. So, they (freelancers) won most projects.
As you can see, none of those changes was within my control. There is no way I could have stop the pandemic. And there is also no way I could have prevented more freelancers from entering the business.
So, I knew I had to do something – a call for change.
3 Business Change That May Help You Overcome Challenges
- Change In Pricing Structure
Since the issue with my clients was price basis, I splitted the payment into 12 months rather than them paying once.
So, instead of paying me N200,000 for an online portfolio website at once, I allow you pay N100,000 upfront and N10,000 per month.
Same thing with you as one who seek to start an online business that pays daily. You need to prepare for change.
- Dropped Off Some Services
Along with my digital marketing services, I used to offer social media marketing and management plan.
But soon I realized, Facebook and others were making changes to their algorithm in ways I could not understand. As a result, my clients’ ads were not performing at their best.
So, I had to drop the plan.
- Kicked Out Clients
I had lots of clients who were want-to-be entrepreneurs but were never making any major decision to starting business. And these people were asking my support and taking up my time even more than the paying clients.
What I did was to call and let them finalize if they are still interested in doing business with me or not. Majority left, but those that waited, did transact with me.
Whether you like it or not, majority of people you come across wouldn’t do business with you. It would not be an decision but you have to let them go,
FAQs On Top Online Business In Nigeria That Pays Daily
Web design and content writing are two examples of small businesses you can start online. It all depends on your choices.
Determine the type of business you want to do. Then create a website, write content, optimize for SEO and sell your products or services.
If you have only 30K or less, go with blogging, as it requires little to no money to start.
With free blogging platform like Blogger, you can start a business online with no money.
Yes! Online businesses in Nigeria are successful if you understand your idea and executes the right digital marketing strategy.
Home care products.
Images and vectors.
Electronics and Gadgets.
Hair and Beauty Products.
Clothing and Shoes.
Conclusion On Online Business That Pays
Starting an online business that pays you daily in Nigeria can be easy if you follow the steps laid out in this article.
But while concluding, I would like to mention the need to take care of yourself – spirit, soul and body.
There is very little you can do without personal development. It takes conscious self growth to succeed with an internet business.
Because no business can make you successful – you are the one to make the business successful.
I have a quote and it says:
“On your journey to wealth, your health is the vehicle and relationships the fuel. You will go as far as this two permit.Oluboba Ayodeji
- Read excellent books on business and money
- Attend seminars and conferences
- Seek to become a student of wonderful mentors and leaders.
I wish you the best as you start with any of the legit online business ideas that pays.
If you want to make an enquiry, contact me here.